Friday, March 11, 2011

I loaded the gas kiln this week.  I couldn't be happier with the way my bedpan turned out.  I am so pleased with the prints on it.  It is an improvement over the similar-style vessels from last semester.  So, all in all it is a step forward, which is great.  I am not trying to sound big-headed or anything, but I really love it.  It turned out exactly like I wanted.  All the trouble to make it it was well worth it. 


I also got some mugs out of the kiln. None of them stuck to the patties, which is promising.  I am happy with the colors.  Only one of the pieces in this whole kiln ran, so I am wondering if maybe it didn't get as hot as before. 


Here are six lidded vessels I finished this week.  As stated previously, lidded vessels were a challenge for me.  I guess looking at them now, they aren't as bad as I thought before, but still not my best work.  I went out this week and bought a bunch of new ceramic tools, calipers included.  I am hoping to practice lidded vessels some more.


Here are some prints I have been working on.  I am planning on doing some screen printing this weekend.  Pako, Philip, and I went to One Stroke and bought some new screens today.  I'm excited.  I also have some images ready for printing on some ceramics.  I have been halted on that front though because the liquid glycerin I bought to thicken my under-glaze did not work, so I am waiting for the air to thicken them.  Hopefully that will work.  I have also been working on painting my new house this week.  I will hopefully finish that today.  Also, at my new job I have been getting some experience with kilns.  Granted, those kilns do not get as hot as ours, but damn they have some huge kilns! 

I got a lot of art supplies this week.  Today, I bought some baby dolls and doll heads.  I am going to make molds of doll heads and put them all over the next thing I build, like I have been with the buttons.  I haven't completely decided what I will put them on.  Maybe a gravy boat.  I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment