Friday, March 18, 2011


On Monday I practiced to print some of my Buddhas on my cylinders.  It was a decent attempt.  I think I will be able to tweak the process and make it work well.  My next go at it will include a less detailed image, and thickened under glazes.  If I went ahead and fired the few I tried it might be cool, but it is not exactly what I envisioned, so I will wash it off and try again.  I am pretty excited about it.

On Wednesday I glazed all of my bowls and my stoneware mugs.  I glazed my bowls and mugs to be pairs, so hopefully they will match.  I am planning on giving my uncle some of my red ones.  I think I will make more bowls and perhaps more mugs to give as gifts.  I want to keep the ones I have made so far.  I am so bad about keeping everything I make.  Pretty soon I am not going to have anywhere to put everything!

I hope I have time to come in the studio over break.  I want to get everything done at the house over break so I don’t have to worry about it when school starts up again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment