Friday, February 4, 2011

This Week In Clay

I finished my hand built project this week.  I spent a lot of time piecing together the buttons.  I am very happy with the results.  Initially, I was going to completely cover the surface with buttons (except the front flat part, inside, and urinal) but I decided to go about halfway down the sides, which I think looks better.  I decided to go ahead and do the screen printed pattern.  I intentionally did the pattern with low fire glaze in order to get the same result as last semester.  I want to experiment with getting a bolder image, however with this project I think the ghost image that will be more suitable.  If I had used under glazes (which I had intended to do), I feel that it would have been overwhelming.  I want there to be a lot, but not too much.  
  
This past weekend, I also spent some time getting my work together for my SpaceLab review.  I'm hoping that went well. :)
 I worked on glazing on Wednesday.  I got 15 of my cylinders glazed.  I had a lot of fun planning and applying different glazes.  I took detailed notes on my application process.  I am excited to see how they come out.   
 This week I also got my studio!  I am very excited, and thank you for all your help, Brian.  It feels like I'm getting a new little apartment or something! 

No comments:

Post a Comment