Thursday, February 17, 2011

At the beginning of the week I loaded and fired one of the electric kilns.  I put my bedpan as well as all of my mugs in it.  That was a good experience and something I've wanted to learn how to do for a while. 
 Here are my pieces that I got out of the kiln.
 This week I've also been working on my bowls.  I wanted to get more done, but it seems I have come down with a cold or flu.  Also, this weekend Philip is getting his wisdom teeth out and I start my new job at Glassworks so I don't know when I'm gonna be able to come in the studio this weekend.  I definitely need to come in Sunday to trim the bowls that I threw.

 Here are some examples of bowls that I've already trimmed.  I really like trimming.  I think I got some good results, considering these are the first foot rims I have made.  I look foot rims. They have a nice look.
Sue and I took down the installation from the gallery.  I saved a few of the bears.  I am excited to fire them and see what happens.
 Next week I really need to get started on my hand built project.  I would like to make a mold of the bedpan and make multiples.  I can't wrap my brain around how I would make this mold though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment