Sunday, April 24, 2011





Tuesday and Thursday we did Raku firings.  Here are the pieces I got out.  It's always a good time and I'm happy with some of the pieces.  I wish there was some way to control it a little better so the pieces aren't so fragile.  My pieces from the Raku always have cracks and feel so weak, but other Raku pieces I have bought are not fragile.  It might be a different clay body.  Or better technique.  I hope we can learn more this summer.

Here are some pieces I got out of the gas kiln, including lidded vessels, two organ sculptures, combination vessels, and my pitcher and basin.  Aside from some things being stuck to patties, all is well.







I also cleaned up my studio for the open house.  It was nice.  I wish I wasn't sick, though. 
I have a lot of mugs in the gas kiln now, and a bowl, I believe.  I can't wait to see how they turn out.  I hope I do not have any more golden chisel awards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment