Friday, April 29, 2011

Finals Week

Well, I picked a great time to get Bronchitis.  I have been sick for 9 days now.  I finished my brain lamp.  I got three different shades for it, but was unhappy with all three.  This is the best one, even though it still looks a little funny.  It was white, but I attached the gray fabric and painted the edges black.  It is silly.  I got together all my ceramics from the semester.  I am pretty happy with the spread.  I cleaned up all the bottoms with my Dremmel, which worked quite nicely.  I had much better results with it than the grinders at school.


 Since I was too sick to work in the studio as much as I would have liked I did quite a bit at home this past week.  Here is a box I made for our group portfolio in printmaking.  I love the way it turned out.  The colors are great and I am pleased with the paint job and rhinestones.  I might cut off the top and hang it on my wall.  It has a nice satin-lined, coffin-like inside for the prints to rest.
 I finished off my Budd-ah monotype/screenprint.  The colors look great.  Sorry the orientation is incorrect.  The black outline screen is not quite as crisp as I had liked, but I am still happy with it.
 I have also been busy printing babies.  Here is one of them with a chine-colle.  She is so cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment