Thursday, April 14, 2011

 My BFA critique was Monday.  I think it went really well.  I got some really good advice to think about, but also some suggestions I am not too keen on.  I was nervous for no reason, really.  It actually felt pretty good.  I was not nervous at all when speaking.  It was all in the anticipation.  I was so happy when it was over.  Nobody had any harsh comments, which was a relief. 



I did a lot of glazing this week.  I glazed four lidded vessels, my pitcher and basin, two combination vessels, my heart sculpture, brain lamp, and screened self-portrait.  I love glazing.  I love the element of surprise involved.  It is such a bummer that the motor on the gas kiln went out.  I had two pieces in there.  I hope we have enough time to get everything fired now.  I left a lot of space showing on my lidded vessels I glazed.  I'm hoping the brown stoneware color looks nice with the glaze colors I selected.  I am super excited to see the way my stacked orb sculpture turns out.  I think it's going to be cool.  I am worried about it running though.  Everything I have used Jeff Long Beach blue on has run, but I really like the way it looks.  And I love mixing colors.

I helped Pako paint his walls in the gallery tonight.  I am so tired I can't think straight.  I have to work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment