Monday, February 13, 2012

Snoop Bloggy Blog

I recently spent a lot of time on my BA show.  I made some nice prints.  I am very happy with the way the show turned out.  The opening was Tuesday.

Thursday and Friday I poured some of the new molds I recently purchased.  I need to get a lot of those rolling so I can make some bigger animal trees.  I am thinking if I start making the bases in two pieces then attaching them together post-fire the warping and leaning will be minimized.  I am just worried that they might now attach perfectly.  I made another base to try it out.  I might talk to Brian about that tomorrow.  I still need to go get a big cake stand to make a mold of.  I might do that tomorrow.
A lot of what I am planning on making this semester involved building things for my installation out of wood.  I am planning on hitting up Lowe's this Friday and getting the wood to build the mantle.  I need to make a calendar and plan out some deadlines in preparation for my BFA show.

I have also been working on my Thesis, which is going pretty well.  It is nice to sit and really think critically about my work.  I have also been spending some time working on my Photography project, which has been causing me some serious anxiety.  I feel like I am having a serious creative block, which is really negatively affecting my production of art.  I have been feeling I am in a bit of a rut for the past week or so.

Chris and I did our glaze tests today.








No comments:

Post a Comment