Monday, February 27, 2012






Here is what I have so far for my card.  I am pretty happy with it.  Unfortunately all of the photos I took from my installation on Pearl St. are out of focus, so I set this up in my basement tonight and got some pretty sweet shots.  I used some techniques I learned about Photoshop from Photography class today to kind of blur parts of the photo and super sharpen the pieces I made.  I am pretty excited about it.  I really like the old wall and radiator in the piece.  I had a lot more little figurines in the curio cabinet, but the reflections in the mirror got too confusing, so I went with less.




I put two pieces in the cone 10 this past week.  Here they are glazed.  The owl doesn't look very good.  The glaze has bubbles in it.  I don't think it got hot enough.  I'm thinking I will try scraping off the crappy glaze and refiring it.  I also bisqued  many more little animals and made a mold for a much larger base.  I have kilns reserved this week so I can hopefully get a big animal tree done before my BFA crit next week. 

I have also been working on building my mantle for my BFA show.  I am very happy with the construction of it.  It looks great.  But, I have been working on staining it yesterday and today, which doesn't look how I had hoped.  The wood filler I used to cover my screws and cracks is not staining the same color as the wood, which looks really bad.  It has much lighter splotches all over it.  I stained it again tonight, and it seems to be looking better, though.  I need to see it in the daylight and put the polyurethane finish on.  I think I might need to rough it up a bit after it is finished so it will have an older feel to it. 

I know these pictures are horrible.  These are dark and sideways.
For my BFA crit next week I am going to show a powerpoint with images from my installation at Pearl St, the photo I took for my card, and a shot from my BA show.  In the Spacelab I am going to set up the mantle with stuff sitting on it, a shadow box with figurines in it, and my 2 newest prints displayed with the shelf and ceramic object.  I am also going to have the gold animal tree and the larger one I will complete this week.
Then after that I will keep working on little figurines and stacks, and I need to get together my wallpaper and figure out that situation for the show.  That is the biggest thing I need to work out still.

No comments:

Post a Comment