Monday, November 14, 2011

This past week I fired a kiln.  It was an 04 glaze.  The pink glaze I mixed up still looks bad, no matter what I try differently.  I've got some different things planned for these guys.
 I also loaded a kiln today.  It's another 04 glaze.  I am going to load an 018 tomorrow.  My new lusters came in, so I am excited to see how they turn out.
 I have been spending a lot of time collecting.  This lamp is a gem, and I got this table to go with it.  I also got some nice doilies for my installation.
 Here is the claw footed cabinet I found.  I stained and polyurethaned it.  It looks really nice now.

 Here is the first of three shadowbox shelves being worked on.  The cedar wood that this is made from is wood that came from my grandma's old house.  It used to be paneling on the wall.  I thought that was a nice touch, which goes well with my theme.  It is going to have a wood backing and glass front with a frame around it.  This is the biggest of the three being made.  I can't decide if I am going to stain this one or not.  The color of this wood is nice, but I guess it depends on the color of the wood used on the backing and frame.  I want it to match.
 And here are some more things I have been collecting and working on.  There is a miniature shadowbox shelf and some more items, some of which I attained from thrift stores and some my mom gave me that belonged to my grandmother.  I also will be getting an antique rocking horse to put in my show.  It's going to be pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment