Monday, March 12, 2012

Portfolio Preparation



I have been spending A LOT of time over the past few days preparing for my job interview tomorrow. I am so excited! I made my portfolio with some nice images of my work (both ceramic and printmaking), images of field experience, my resume, artist statement, and image list.  Thank you to Brian for all of your advice on helping to make it better.  I am so happy with it now.  I was feeling confident... until I found out Ian and Natalie have put in a CV for the same position. :(  I hope this information doesn't psych me out.  At least I have an interview.  I am hoping if I do a really good job with my demos and they are impressed with my portfolio I will have a good shot, and maybe won't feel the need to interview anyone else.  :)  Wishful thinking.  This is my dream job, and I would feel so much better about my life situation if I get it.  I would say wish me luck, but I don't need luck because I have skill and I am a hard worker.  :) Hah.

My BFA crit was last week.  I know it went well, but it left me with an unsettled feeling.  I got some differing opinions on what I should do for my show.  There are some things to think about.  But, overall, I want to stick with my original plan.  I am afraid if I scale back and go more minimal it will just look like I didn't go for it.  And you know, I gotta go for it.  If you're gonna do it, do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment