Monday, January 16, 2012

The first week of the last semester.




This week I have really been thinking about my two shows.  My BA show is the first week of February, and my BFA show is the week after spring break.  I had a talk with Brian regarding some questions/concerns I had, which was so helpful.  I have been working on a new print for my BA show (the last 2 photos).  I'm excited about it!  I ran another color, but forgot to photograph it.
This past week I did a little glazing, but decided to wait until tomorrow to fire my kiln because I had some stuff at home I wanted to bring in to test fire.  So, I am planning on firing an animal stack tomorrow.  And I am going to test fire a Buddha for the BA show to go with my Buddha print.  I am planning on firing a cone 6 and 018 this week.  I hope these Buddhas can fire to cone 6.  They might melt.  :) They might turn out really cool.
I also worked on the class test tiles.  I am looking forward to learning about glazes.
I bought a kiln today. And a bunch of awesome molds, a lot of which are cute little animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment